Subscribe To My Podcast

Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 6 - Start off and Presentation Tool

I’ve created Nicenet class page and let learners comment on what they had experienced with podcast. They had to visit my suggested link in  ESL Podcast Blog and answer the provided questions in Nicenet Conferencing which I focused on their first impression learning English by means of podcast web. The following task for learners is they have to write their complete report in a class blog that I created fortnight ago. However, one thing that called my attention is how to participate learners in solely one blog since many blogs could pay more considerations.  I finally found the idea to log in a class blog which  is by using a single class password. I made other Google email account for learners besides my own one so that students are able to upload their task in Blogspot with a single student password.

My other activities within this week are reading article regarding to PowerPoint presentation and creating interactive PowerPoint. In Rick Finnan and Donna Shaw article, I found clear steps regarding ideas to improve the student learning in large lecture classes. The way is to break down into small group activities which include Think-Pair-Share, Concept Test,Quick-Thinks, Minute Paper, Scripted Cooperative Learning, and Concept Maps. In all, I could conclude that the most sound of these techniques is doing collaboration in a large class.  In addition, I managed to create a simple and interactive Jeopardy English Grammar Game. As a matter of fact, I have never made interactive PowerPoint before.

That is a wonderful presentation skill that I have learned this week. I would like to say thank you Robert for your guiding and my ‘classmate’ for you sharing in Nicenet. I plan to use this interactive presentation to my students as a warmer or filler. Of course, I have to modify it in order to follow allocated short time, for example 3 minutes activity for warmer. Another idea is that this could be also used as a race game for two or three groups.

You can download Jeopardy English Grammar Game here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andi
    A nice work-around - or solution - to a logistical problem with the passwords. Sometimes I feel that as a tech teacher half of what I need to do is find reasonable workarounds. Nice job!
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andi,

    I love the audio you have got with the reflection.

    Thanks,
    Roza, Maldives

    ReplyDelete