Subscribe To My Podcast

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 9 - Cooling Down

Time goes so fast, our web skills course will remain within only a week ahead. This week is different from the previous ones. I could say that this week is a “cooling down” phase after working hard reviewing articles, commenting on it in Nicenet class, creating or modifying some wonderful tools, and finishing a final project. So far, I have learned many exciting things through this course as well as found helpful instructor and friends from at least four continents in this globe.

This week, Robert only considers two things in our class, discussion on Nicenet and finalizing our final project. His consideration makes me happy as it enables me to provide more time in order to manage my final project.  In terms of discussion topic this week, it is a good chance for me to revise and extend my knowledge related to learning styles and multiple intelligence. 

I could suit my way of teaching in a class based on students learning style. For example, if most of my students are verbal or linguistics intelligence in my Listening Comprehension class then my decision is that I could incorporate my class with technology by utilizing Voicethread as Roza Ibrahim did in her class. This tool will enable me to make voice annotation and recording my instruction which include authentic listening materials. I am sure my students will be more motivated and eager to learn English. 

However, one thing that called my attention is what happens if my class has many different intelligence students? Should I use one certain learning style or use all sort of learning style?

No comments:

Post a Comment