Subscribe To My Podcast

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 1 - The Class Wiki

I would like to write my new experience in this blog after trying to do the first week tasks. While I creating my blog I also join the class wiki of Robert. My imagination is flying on the sky when I managed to join in the class wiki. There is a virtual class consist of teacher and learners. The teacher just need to post his instruction and students read it carefully and do the tasks. This class is a lively class since there are interactions between teacher to students and students to students.

I used to do a virtual class within four months as well. At that time my 50 students were in Indonesia but I was in Wellington, New Zealand.  However, the way to make interaction in our class was very common. I asked my students to make email account and instructed them to make a class in yahoo groups. The interaction was solely from teacher to students. They should submit their feedback directly to my email every weekend. 

The class wiki brings new idea for my further class. It is a good idea for me to try. Nevertheless, I have to think my students web skills. I have to provide my extra time to guide them how to use this tool. And the most important thing is that I have to make sure that all of my students are familiar with technology. So that they could attend the class and make a desired interaction. For me, it seems that it still  need more effort to make this come true. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Andi! Nice post and I think that drawing says it all: connections are not only between teacher and students, but also among the students. This richer pattern of interaction is definitely awesome for the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed. You have to take into account that holding an interactive online class will demand a lot of hours and effort on your side. I have some experience with it. Just look at the amount of posting Robert does to push all participants forwards. But in the end it is worth your while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Vinicius,
    I agree with you, that's why I draw two arrows between two students as well as teacher to each student.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Avraham,
    It is great to share your experience. As I began to make online class interaction with my students. I thought that it was easy to run this online class. However, after my students send me their feedback every weekend by means of email. It was obviously required effort and extra time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andy,
    I agree with you and Avraham about the extra time we have to spend if we embed the technology enhanced teaching in our classes. we have started two years back with a learning management system and our workload doubled. However, I believe its worth it.

    Roza, Maldives

    ReplyDelete